- 1 4-pound smoked whitefish
- 4 stalks celery, strings removed
- 2 cups sour cream or 1 cup sour cream and 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Keeping the skin of the whitefish intact and the head still attached, carefully remove the bones from the whitefish and place the meat in a mixing bowl.
Dice the celery and combine with the whitefish, along with 1 cup of the sour cream (or yogurt), the mayonnaise, and the pepper. Add the dill and parsley and as much more sour cream (or yogurt) as is wanted.
Stuff the mixture back into the skin of the whitefish, remaking the shape of a fish. Or, if you prefer, serve in a bowl. Garnish with additional dill and parsley.
Yield: enough for at least 10 people.