Like biscotti in shape, this is a crunchy and tasty cookie. Appeals to both adults and kids.
Recipe makes two 15x4-inch Loaves
- 2 ¾ cup matzo cake meal
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup potato starch
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) pareve margarine (or butter)
- 6 eggs
- 4-6 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, broken into small pieces (or use Passover chocolate chips)
- 1 cup coarsely cup nuts (any brand)
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine cake meal, salt, potato starch and cinnamon. Mix well and set bowl aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl with paddle attachment, cream together the sugar and margarine on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg is added. Reduce speed to low and add blended dry ingredients. Stir in nuts and chocolate (by hand).
- Divide dough in half. On the baking sheet, form each into a long loaf (about 2 inches wide). Place in oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, until firm. Remove to a cooling rack, and let loaves sit on the baking sheet until completely cool. When cooled, use a serrated knife to cut the loaves into ¼ inch slices.