- 4 eggs
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Filling (see below)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Sour cream (optional)
- In a bowl combine eggs and water and blend thoroughly. Beat in flour and salt. Mixture will be runny.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the batter into a hot, greased 7-inch omelet or crepe pan. Rotate skillet so bottom of pan is covered evenly.
- Cook for 3 or 4 minutes on one side, or until golden. Remove from pan and repeat process using all the blintz batter. Pile one on top of the other, uncooked side down. At this point blintz pancake is ready to be filled.
- Place 2 heaping tablespoons of desired filling on one-half of the unbrowned side of the pancake. Fold pancake over once to cover filling. Fold in sides of pancake. Continue rolling.
- Heat butter in a skillet until hot. Place blintzes, seam side down, in skillet and sauté until golden on all sides.
- Serve hot with sour cream (yum)
- 2 8ounce packages farmer cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thorougly. From The World Famous Ratner's Meatless Cookbook