Best Noodle Kugel
I made 4 of these for my son’s Bar Mitzvah luncheon. They were the biggest hit!
- 10 oz. medium noodles, cooked and drained
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 4 eggs
- 1 pint (2 cups) sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup yellow raisin, soaked overnight in orange juice and drained (optional ingredient)
- 3 tbsp cinnamon sugar
- In a 9x13” pan, melt the butter. Add the cooked noodles and toss them in the butter until they are completely coated.
- Beat together the eggs, sour cream, milk, vanilla, sugar and salt until mixture is well blended.
- Pour the egg mixture over the noodles and spread the noodles evenly in the pan. Sprinkle top with drained raisins and cinnamon sugar (raisins can also be mixed into noodle mixture).
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Cut into squares and serve warm.