Chocolate Caramel Matzo Crunch
- 4-6 unsalted matzos
- 2 sticks unsalted butter or unsalted Passover margarine
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped chocolate chips or
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with foil. Cover the bottom of the sheet with baking parchment on top of the foil.
2. Line the bottom of the cookie sheet evenly with the matzos, cutting extra pieces to fit any spaces.
3. In a 3-quart saucepan, combine the butter (or margarine) and the brown sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil (2- 4 minutes). Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Pour over matzo, covering completely.
4. Place baking sheet in the oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees. Bake for 15 minutes (check often to be sure mixture is not burning).
Remove from oven and sprinkle immediately with chopped chocolate or chips. Let stand for 5 minutes, then spread the melted chocolate evenly over the matzo. Break into squares while still warm. Chill, in the pan, in the freezer until set.